Tuesday, February 7, 2012

well how about a mighty catch up shall we?

Well hello there Scrap Crappers!

How I've missed you!

As we know I really am no good at blogging but I guess it is time to update you on the happenings at JessMessin' StudYO!

My new collection, POP Logic is juuuust about complete...a few more studs here and some glitter there and we will be all set.  So many people have influenced this body of work.

Au contraire to popular rumor this work is not about one particular person, but rather many folks throughout my lifetime that have taught me valuable lessons about myself.  However, it is humorous to hear that a few have said "yea, i hear it is about me" considering the paintings outline douchebag behavior in relationships.

In regards to this collection the term "relationship" refers to both the sexual and non-sexual.  Basically, the interaction you have with another to gain a basis of trust...that experience of getting "fucked" over and the personal process you go through to recover from and overcome disappointment.

In my personal experiences I have found myself to be drastically misunderstood, which is mostly my fault for representing myself in ways that were easily disrespected and taken advantage of.

I decided that I did not want to be one of those people who at 40 years old is jaded, distrusting and walking around saying "it's them, not me."  In order to avoid that I spent a year dissecting and painting my interactive pattern with people on multiple levels.  Over the months I found myself laying down the law and gradually detaching myself from toxic people and environments that in anyway enabled negativity; and there were plenty of people who felt the same way about me, I can't blame them - I was an emotional mess!

In the end, what resulted was a new collection of work that really opened my eyes and ways of thinking.   In many ways, Pop Logic, is a kind of a right of passage into adult womanhood...no more excuses, short comings, reliance or dependancies.  I saw myself, surroundings and life in a whole new way that was utterly disappointing.  Instead of completely ignoring these things and acting as though "shit was swell" I embraced all of those "little" things that most people avoid.

It was very liberating to understand.  And for those people who just let me go by the way-side - so be it, and the few who let me grow, i'm indebted to you.  Perhaps, people forget sometimes that I am only 27, and forget where they were at 27 and what they did.  That is Ok with me though, because I am well-aware of myself and am better for it now.

And thus, POP Logic was complete.



You can peep some POP Logic here (via facebook): POP Logic by Jess! Pfohl and for regular updates theres always my facebook feed that ONLY provides the most pertinent information to life as I know it.

In other news, I am working on some tabletop items to be mass produced in China for international distribution.  Which is actually, despite my initial dismay, really fun!  I figured if Warhol, Haring and Britto do it, why not me? (harharhar)

Also on the horizon are show and gallery announcements.  I have a different vision for this work but as always it will still rock 'n roll.

While I have been off of the grid for some time, I am really looking forward to seeing some of you...happier than ever!

I hope all is well and take care!

Love,

Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment