Thursday, November 25, 2010

thank you! now im going to go get fatter...

Its been a really amazing year of firsts for me, and I thought today was typically fitting to write about them, and acknowledge the things (besides the particular events over the past year) that I am truly thankful for and the people responsible for those things so here we go....this is probably going to be all over the place-

mostly, i am grateful for my family, its very small but loving.  last year i wasnt really even focused on the holidays because my NYC debut was 2 weeks after thanksgiving...so instead of paying attention to how special sharing moments like today are,  i was bugging out about my show.  My gradfather is very old and sick and I am really pumped to spend today with him, and was given the opportunity to get in another thanksgiving hang with him.

and i have these friends, that i seperate into two different groups: the creatives and the corporates, both have been really lovely and supportive of me, and its amazing the advice and perspective that comes from each group of homies.  since my family is so small, i take my friendships very seriously...i am well aware of how high maintenance i am, but mostly its for one reason...and that being, the people whom i let in, really really let in fill that void of not having a big family...and i am just really into treating those close to me how i wish to be treated, and well i have high expectations so....thats the deal there and i take it very seriously.

in this past year, my artsy fartsy friends have really taken time to help me understand how lots of shit goes down, and how to deal with things, both good and bad...listening to their experiences and sharing mine, having them by my side along the way, has made lots of things easier...instead of going into this whole process blinded and uneducated, i have these group of great guys reminding me how it should be done, not to jump the gun, and if i did and got fucked....helped me through that too (which happened.)

collaborations.  i am really grateful for the artists who have joined up with me to make shit.  also, those who have supported the projects by playing at events...mostly, because i have learned a bunch from being around them and watching them work. theyve kinda kept an eye out which has warded away lots of unwanted bullshit...  and after floating around the music scene for 3 years post graduation, getting periodic jobs here and there, thinking i was wasting my time; ultimately prooved that all of that time spent totally had a purpose.

assholes. i am really thankful for the few assholes that have graced my presence over the past year.  the ones who latched on, took advantage, and i dropped once i finally got a clue of their true motives.  you taught me first and fore most, how never to treat people - personally and professionally.  you made me notice that i shouldnt just trust everyone, and to be more careful.  and mostly, when the people close to me offer advice, i will take it, instead of defending what truly isnt. 

baltimore.  i have never been a fan.  i am a new york city girl by heart, and have been since i was little.  coming back here this past year, setting up shop...getting a great job, and making new friends has really changed my perspective on this shithole.  i enjoy being here, concentrating and focusing on my art, and getting shit done, even if a periodic margarita madness hinders the process a little bit....i will always be a city girl first, but for the moment Baltimore has totally embraced me, which has been really fun.

lastly, my mom.  my mom is really a special person who has continued to support and help make my dreams come true.  its been amazing to share this year with her every step of the way, and she has been insanely helpful.  i really lucked out there, for whatever reason, but shes definitely the most remarkable person i know and will ever know...they totally broke the mold when they made my mom, and the love i have for her is just really unmeasurable.


so im gona make some shoutouts and acknowledge those people who really went above and beyond, in my opinion, to do something special for me...help me out...and completely held up their part of the deal.  i am thankful for you.

my mom, and my gradparents, lester bangs, kathleen donnelly, kathleen madigan, brian riccardi, judy kurjan and stephen frank, jay day, matthew wheelwright, wes rizzo, chip gates, the faust family, nicholas fitandis, jen schrader, tim buck, brian friesen and ray tan, the studio at 810, ken schneidmen, renee and rocko, scott metzger, michael weintrob, bobby haight, tommy hamilton, jim hamilton, chris harford, jason kibler, howie schnee, eric mcfadden, eric bolivar, jason crosby, ryan thorton, kevin kendrick, jonathon goldberger, max blackman, jeff gaines, peter costello, victoria vox.


thank you for making 2010 a really wonderful year, ill look back and totally think of you folks.

love, Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment